Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Help for Steve Clardy

Syd.......Check post #17 of this thread....

Here's his snail mail address:

Dennis Peacock
    27 Scott Lane
    Conway, AR 72032

Thanks for your generosity!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Thanks guys.

I'm just a little overwhelmed at the moment.
    I really don't know quite what to say just yet, but just a HUGE THANKS.
    Steve

Thumbs up

Steve, helping each other out is what brings communities together, my friend. Glad to help and let us know if there's anything else we can do! Best of luck with the rebuild!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Steve........I just wished I could help a little more. If I was closer.....I get coffee for you and your sons. Since breaking my back....I don't work above walls anymore. The next time I might be a paraplegic. Good luck and know you are definitely in our thoughts!
    Ken

Steve just sent me some more pics, and I'm finding it hard to resist the urge to simply jump in the Exploder and head down to Missouri. But from what I gather, he already has the manpower at hand to effect repairs. However, it's also apparent that paying for that to happen will be the most difficult obstacle to deal with. He may or may not have insurance - I don't know; but regardless of the answer to that, I do know that recovering from this will last far longer and cost far more than any settlement might offset.

I know that this is the time of year when we're already burdened with far too many solicitations for a donation to a huge array of worthy causes (and favorite woodworking forums). And I know only too well that this is also the time of year when we struggle to ensure that the holiday season becomes a cherished and spiritual moment in time for the members of our immediate families.

Now I also know that the Bailey Brothers Building & Loan only exists in the movies, but we have an opportunity to prove otherwise. Tonight, he needs two things. He needs your positive good will focused in his direction. And he also needs money to pay for labor, equipment, materials, replacement tools, and god knows what else.

Please take a minute to look at these additional photos and ponder his predicament.

And then dig. Dig Deep.

Demonstrate that we are indeed a community of friends and take care of our own.

tn_shop roof 003.jpg tn_shop roof 013.jpg

tn_shop roof 014.jpg tn_shop roof 015.jpg tn_shop roof 035.jpg

Thanks, Andy Hoyt - Creeker
    Last edited by Andy Hoyt; 12-02-2006 at 10:02 PM.
    Only the Blue Roads

OK....GREAT GOING GANG!!!!!

So far, we've raised $894.00!!!!!

I'd like to see at least another $106 come in to make this an even $1,000.

Let's keep'em coming.!!

You Creeker's ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 12-03-2006 at 7:16 AM.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock

You Creeker's ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dennis........Yes we rock.......in our chairs.......occassionally we nod off.....even more intermittantly we drop our teeth.....and evey once in while we take our canes and make it out to the shop. Would you please quit hammering us about our age and physical habits?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock

I'd like to see at least another $106 come in to make this an even $1,000.
    Guys, most of you know what I do for a living, I build structures like Steve has just had the misfortune of losing most of. Building materials are expensive and he is gonna need a bunch of them. Let's not stop at a $1,000.00. Let's not even entertain the idea of what amount we need to get to.....let's all just help a friend in need and give what we all can.

Exclamation Who said anything about "Stop"?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    Guys, most of you know what I do for a living, I build structures like Steve has just had the misfortune of losing most of. Building materials are expensive and he is gonna need a bunch of them. Let's not stop at a $1,000.00. Let's not even entertain the idea of what amount we need to get to.....let's all just help a friend in need and give what we all can.
    Awww, come on now, Steve! When have you ever known this community to stop at a given point? We've got a bunch of folks out here who most always seem to go "over the top", especially when it comes to helping out a fellow woodworker! Nobody's stopping...We're just building up steam, my friend! BTW, you really do look quite sophisticated with those glasses on!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Thumbs up Let's go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    .....let's all just help a friend in need and give what we all can.
    Hey, Banana breath...Dug a little deeper with a bit more via PayPal. Need to keep that boiler stoked, you know!

Come on, guys/gals! Put yourself is Steve's shoes: Most of us don't even depend on our shops to put food on the table as he does but, I for one, would be devasted if I lost my hobby shop! And, I think most of us are also aware of how much insurances don't cover at the time of loss! I know it's a bit tough for all financially around Christmas and the heating season and all but, 'tis the time for giving, remember? Thanks!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Hey, Banana breath...
    Who you callin Banana Breath, you big ape?

I know the total amount of money that Steve is gonna need to rebuild will likely never be raised by the good people at Family Woodworking and Sawmill Creek forums but it sure would be nice to take some of the sting out of his final costs. If I were to put a estimated cost (guess) on the building materials alone, given what he said he was going to use to rebuild with, not labor, clean up equiptment or machinery damaged I would guess it to be a minimum of $10,000.00

If everyone can give even a little, it all adds up....and remember tis better to give than recieve....especially this time of year.

Reading the several former posts just reinforces my thot that compassion as a human trait is truly preter-Neanderthal… by a long ways, too!!!

Frank Chaffee

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chaffee
    Reading the several former posts just reinforces my thot that compassion as a human trait is truly preter-Neanderthal… by a long ways, too!!!

Frank Chaffee
    Frank............We don't agree often...........But this time we do!
    Ken

I've said it alot lately, but it bears repeating - Ya'll are AWSOME!!

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Frank............We don't agree often...........But this time we do!
    Yeah Ken,
    It never ceases to amaze me how floundering souls like us find commonality when waters become turbulent.

Frank Chaffee