Thread: Old shop companion passes.

Unhappy Old shop companion passes.

When we got home from work and school yesterday, my 11 year old daughter went out to feed our dogs a special treat. She came back in crying. Our 9 year old Doberman that had grown up with the kids had died in her sleep. This dog was a faithful guard of our children and a real ambassador for the breed, a friend to everyone. Anytime I was working and the kids were not around, she was right by my side. It will take some time to realize she is gone. I guess I am too sentimental about a dog, but my and my wife's parents are already gone and you transfer feelings to your pets. Thanks for letting me share this.
    Eddie in So. West Virginia BP

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Severt
    I guess I am too sentimental about a dog, but my and my wife's parents are already gone and you transfer feelings to your pets. Thanks for letting me share this.
    Eddie,
    Sorry to hear about your families loss. I'm sure there are more than a few of us out here who know exactly what you mean. Our lab's are a huge part of our family. They bring joy to our house when everything else seems to be falling down around us. As they/we get older we appreciate them more and more.

Hang in there....
    Last edited by Glenn Clabo; 10-14-2003 at 1:27 PM.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Sorry to hear of your loss, Eddie. Anyone who claims that our pets are not "part of the family" is greatly mistaken. Our pets (and we who care for them) know the real truth about that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Condolences

Eddie -

So sorry to hear of your family's loss. Dogs are an important part of our lives. It is too bad their contributions are so short.

Condolences to you and your family.

Ted

Eddie,

I am sorry for your loss. They really do become a part of the family. I know you will miss her.

Roger

I'm sorry to hear it Eddie

I am glad your friend had such a good life with you. Her passing is the natural thing, but I know it doesn't make the loss any easier to deal with. Sue and I are looking forward to trepidation to the day when our 12 year old Otis the Springer Spaniel decides to leave us. With arthritis and the slow failing of sight and hearing it is sometimes hard to watch. Do as we are doing, storing in our minds the wonderful memories of a loved companion who greatly enriched our lives. Unconditional love is the greatest gift our pets give us. Our dogs are indeed full partners and members of our families and we feel their loss as we would any other family member.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Eddie, I also am sorry to hear of your pets passing. I have felt this pain many times and it does not dull with frequency. As others have said, a pets love is there through thick and thin, good and bad. All they ask for is atention and kindness and they add such joy to our lives.

I know in time you grief and that of your family will decrease and hopefully they will again be rewarded with more as another joins your family.
    SHERWUD in the beautiful sierra foothills East of Fresno, CA

Eddie,

I really feel for you. We just had to put our little pooch down last week. She was about 17 y.o. so the sorrow is very fresh. Your dobie must have been a sweetheart. My parents are on their third one - their life doesn't seem right without one.
    I hope your family can heal quickly, it's not easy especially for the kids.

Wes

Bummer Eddie. Very sorry to hear about your pal. In time, it gets better to deal with, allhough one never forgets, especially all the fun times. Take care....
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Eddie,
    Those who have never know the affection of a good dog are truely missing one of the great pleasures in life. I know your loss is real. I fear it will happen again, all too soon, at my home. Remember the good times with your canine companion, and, when the time seems right, introduce a pup to your family.
    ________
    Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Unhappy

When we got home from work and school yesterday, my 11 year old daughter went out to feed our dogs a special treat. She came back in crying. Our 9 year old Doberman that had grown up with the kids had died in her sleep. This dog was a faithful guard of our children and a real ambassador for the breed, a friend to everyone. Anytime I was working and the kids were not around, she was right by my side. It will take some time to realize she is gone. I guess I am too sentimental about a dog, but my and my wife's parents are already gone and you transfer feelings to your pets. Thanks for letting me share this.
    I'm sorry about your loss! A year ago I had to put down my companion. We had been friends for 16 years. He was full of cancer.

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about your loss. In our house our 6-year old lab is part of our every day life. As we tell the kids, the guinea pig, turtle, fish, etc. are all pets--the dog is FAMILY!

Unhappy four legged kids

I feel for you and your family. I have three four legged kids and they are family. I've said goodbye to two others over the years and it it very hard. I've got an idea. Take one step at a time, go to your local SPCA, and you will find a good friend ( four legged kind ) that you have never met. Take him/her home and it will ease the pain somewhat. On top of that you will be saving another life. Hope this helps. It helped me.
    A good woodworker never gives up. Try, Try, and Try again and you WILL succeed.