Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly sliding table saw

1. Quote Originally Posted by tod evans
    shiraz,
    ...... i sincerely hope the members of this forum are able to see past your marketing genius to the man who feels it`s necessary to insult others on a woodworking forum just because they won`t toe the party line.

tod
    Tod - don't throw a "punch" if you cannot take one.
    You jumped in right away on this thread and said you were not a fan of Grizzly. You have right to your opinion, but it gets a little old when you go out of your way to make negative comments about us, over and over again.

shiraz,
    not being a fan of grizzly equipment has nothing to do with you personally...........at least in my eyes it doesn`t..tod
    TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN; I ACCEPT FULL LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY POSTS ON THIS FORUM, ALL POSTS ARE MADE IN GOOD FAITH CONTAINING FACTUAL INFORMATION AS I KNOW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz Balolia
    Tod - don't throw a "punch" if you cannot take one.
    You jumped in right away on this thread and said you were not a fan of Grizzly. You have right to your opinion, but it gets a little old when you go out of your way to make negative comments about us, over and over again.
    Shiraz,

I am a fan of Grizzly and have great appreciation for the support you've provided to the user community here. That being said, I have a hobby shop. Your products suit the hobby shop fantastically as many will agree. The fact that you've grown your company principally through mail order does indeed show a great deal of marketing skills. However, the professional market is fickle and slow to change their minds, justified or not. I also found your comment regarding the Chris's and Todd's as well below the level of your usual demeanor and completely unnecessary. You not only insulted Chris and Tod but also insulted the average person's intellegence who understands the difference between hobbyist and professional attitudes towards machinery investment. Normally, this would be in a PM but you've made this public so I thought I'd share the viewpoint of one of your customers.

Take Care,

Matt
    Matt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Paul B. Cresti
    -- snip --
    It's just pretty much impossible for you to see any viewpoint other than your own, huh? I don't recall seeing anyone who was quicker than you are to criticize something they've never experienced.

You love your MM equipment, and I'm sure it's great. What baffles me is the amount of venom you spew anytime someone mentions a brand other than your beloved MM. What's especially amusing is how you try to be authoritarian about things with which you have no experience. It blows your credibility out of the water. In your universe (small as it may be), it's impossible that Griz could make a decent slider.

Tod, on the other hand, while he may disagree with some of the notions of a Griz slider, at least backs up his viewpoint with facts, not conjecture and supposition, and he's also willing to learn new things. Hats off to him.

Lou:

Why was Shiraz' comments below the belt but not the other way around?

I thought Paul and Tods responses were reasonable. Shiraz responses took a more personal tone that surprised me, with him being a representative of a company. Weird business practice.

~mark

Wow, he asked for opinions on a saw and got a lesson in world economics. ethics, engineering, marketing, and how to hold your ground on Internet forums! That's value.

I speak to what I know. I'm a hobbiest who has, in the past, purchased primarily Delta tools. Last year I bought a Grizzly jointer. I've been 100% happy with the quality, customer service, and shipping. I'm looking at buying a 14" band saw this year, and probably won't look much further then Griz.

To me, it seems the quality is right there with the Delta tools I was buying, but the prices are better.

Good luck with your purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson
    I thought Paul and Tods responses were reasonable. Shiraz responses took a more personal tone that surprised me, with him being a representative of a company. Weird business practice.

~mark
    So Mark,

Would it be fair to say that if you criticized one of Paul's or Tod's woodworking projects, that they would not take it personally?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Carlson

~mark
    XXXX

What a couple of self-important popinjays. No slider input that I would use for making a decision. No input I would credit at all. Simple case of blanket denigration for whatever arcane reason they may have.

Politeness has its uses in society, but, in this case, it would behoove those two to xxxx if they have NO construtive input. Couching their sneering in terms crafted to fit within the oh, so correct language demanded here does nothing to lessen the crudeness of their unwarranted and ill-disguised slander of someone who strives to offer a full range of options to a wide range of woodworkers through engineering, manufacturing and marketing of quite fine and serviceable equipment.

We really do need to restrict the internet to keep out the undesirable and deleterious elements.

-30-
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-14-2006 at 6:09 AM. Reason: Removal of language not acceptable via TOS

Lessee.....

Last month it was Jet.

This month it is Grizzly.

Who's got October?

Any brand that the designated moaner/whiner doesn't have, I'll warrant

Quote Originally Posted by George Franklis
    It's just pretty much impossible for you to see any viewpoint other than your own, huh? I don't recall seeing anyone who was quicker than you are to criticize something they've never experienced.

You love your MM equipment, and I'm sure it's great. What baffles me is the amount of venom you spew anytime someone mentions a brand other than your beloved MM. What's especially amusing is how you try to be authoritarian about things with which you have no experience. It blows your credibility out of the water. In your universe (small as it may be), it's impossible that Griz could make a decent slider.

Tod, on the other hand, while he may disagree with some of the notions of a Griz slider, at least backs up his viewpoint with facts, not conjecture and supposition, and he's also willing to learn new things. Hats off to him.
    Venom huh? Well if you think thats what it was so be it, you definately need to try to understand the perspective I am answering it from. It was called an opinion on a question about machines. The only info I can add is from my own experience and that is real life experience with these machines. Everyone here can either take it or leave it, it is entirely up to them. A fellow professional woodworker asked a question about a machine before he spent 8k or so. I can understand his confusion on what brand, what model and his reluctancy to spend the money all while knowing he needs to spend it in order to be competitive. Most of these machines are all new to us, as the MM machines I purchased were new to me. I had no one else to rely on to form my decision other than other fellow professional woodworkers. I asked them for their opinions and thought processes that allowed them to arrive at their choices. That input to me was invaluable. I guess you can say I am just returning the favor. One more thing I like to add is you need to read my comments with a bit less seriousness, I like to joke around and have a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson
    xxxx

What a couple of self-important popinjays. No slider input that I would use for making a decision. No input I would credit at all. Simple case of blanket denigration for whatever arcane reason they may have.

Politeness has its uses in society, but, in this case, it would behoove those two to xxxx if they have NO construtive input. Couching their sneering in terms crafted to fit within the oh, so correct language demanded here does nothing to lessen the crudeness of their unwarranted and ill-disguised slander of someone who strives to offer a full range of options to a wide range of woodworkers through engineering, manufacturing and marketing of quite fine and serviceable equipment.

We really do need to restrict the internet to keep out the undesirable and deleterious elements.

-30-
    Scott,
    Thanks for your input. How long have you had your slider? How did you arrive at your decision to purchase your machine? When you made your investment how did you way in service, factory support and the robustness & accuracy of the components over time? I can not really even begin to respond to your comments because I am not sure I quite understand them. You used so many big words that I cannot flip through my Websters fast enough.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-14-2006 at 6:10 AM. Reason: Removal of language not acceptable via TOS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mioux
    So Mark,

Would it be fair to say that if you criticized one of Paul's or Tod's woodworking projects, that they would not take it personally?

Joe
    I imagine they would. My point is that Shiraz should not start personal stuff when someone doesn't like the product he's selling. He's not going to win anyone over that way. He should correct any inacurrate statements and respectively disagree with opinions.

I regret responding to this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Henderson
    XXXX

Politeness has its uses in society, but, in this case, it would behoove those two to XXXX if they have NO construtive input. Couching their sneering in terms crafted to fit within the oh, so correct language demanded here does nothing to lessen the crudeness of their unwarranted and ill-disguised slander of someone who strives to offer a full range of options to a wide range of woodworkers through engineering, manufacturing and marketing of quite fine and serviceable equipment.

-30-
    Still regretting responding. See previous post.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 09-14-2006 at 6:11 AM. Reason: Removal of language not acceptable via TOS