Hi Folks,

I’ve kind of been “out of the loop” for awhile as far as The Creek is concerned. There are a lot of reasons that I won’t bore you with but I missed Keith’s “sticky” post on items that involved financial issues.

The fact that Keith and Jackie even have to SUGGEST that some financial assistance would be much appreciated is absolutely APPALLING to me!!!

I KNOW that there are a lot of GREAT people on this forum and I assume that you are as generous as you are talented. Be that as it may, for those of you who have “forgotten” to support your best source of woodworking information, I have a few questions for you:

· When was the last time that you did NOT have a question answered by one of your fellow members??
· If you are a professional/contractor/part-time fixit person/etc., how much money did your last mistake cost you?? Do you think that you could have saved that money if you had swallowed your pride and leaned on your friends at The Creek?
· If you are an amateur like me, how many times have your fellow members bailed you out with their expert advice? Did your project turn out better or worse?
· Have you been fortunate enough to gain a “friend” or “friends” as a result of being a member of The Creek? I have!! What is THAT worth to you?
· How many times have your fellow Creekers found a reason to praise one of your projects and make you glow with pride? In reality, however, it was a piece of scrap that even your Mother didn’t want. It happens to ME every time I post a picture! This is called support, understanding, encouragement and just plain friendship!

On a slightly different note:
· What did it cost you the last time that you filled your gas tank?
· If you smoke (I’m REALLY trying to quit), how much did you spend on your last carton of cigarettes?
· What are we paying for a twelve-pack these days?
· What will a single steak dinner cost you?

C’mon folks, would YOU work for nothing? A person with Aaron’s technical skills should not be expected to contribute to our hobby without deserved compensation! Keith and Jackie should NEVER have to even SUGGEST that finances are a consideration in the maintenance of The Creek!

OK Mods, that’s MY rant for the evening. Don’t remind me. I already KNOW that I should be posting this on the OT Forum. I didn’t and I’m GLAD!!

Dale T.