Thread: Outdoor dining table top joinery ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    If the grain directions align you don't have to worry too much about dimension changes. Cross grain joints will be a problem, so you have to make provisions for expansion/contraction. Your long aprons will be a problem. You might be able to attach them with figure 8 clips. You can find figure 8 clips in stainless.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 04-24-2024 at 6:59 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

[QUOTE=Lee Schierer;3313633]If the grain directions align you don't have to worry too much about dimension changes. Cross grain joints will be a problem, so you have to make provisions for expansion/contraction. Your long aprons will be a problem. You might be able to attach them with figure 8 clips. You can find figure 8 clips in stainless.[/QUOTE

All the slats will be cross grain. I can do a tongue and groove for those slats inside the frame and not use glue on them, Ok? Not worried about attaching the top to the base, I'll allow for expansion. How would you do the cross grain butt joints on the corners of the top? Thanks Lee. Brian
    Brian