You've asked for a saw that doesn't exist, on the one hand the bare minimum, on the other something that you won't feel you need to upgrade from later. But OK, here's your bare minimum, from which you will want to upgrade unless you really like slow. A 14" cast iron Delta with riser block with a 1.5 hp motor will resaw almost 12". I have one, and with a 1/2" x 3 tpi blade it will do it, very slowly, and with very careful setup. I cut a lot of 7 - 10" wide veneer with mine before I got tired of measuring time with a calendar and bought a saw actually designed for the task. So, yes, it will work. Will you be happy with it? Unlikely if you want to resaw very often. 6" stock of course is easier, but it's still slow and still requires careful setup. Why? Because those cast iron saws cannot put much tension on the blade so if it's not set up perfectly, or the blade gets a little dull on one side, it will drift or belly and ruin your workpiece.

Now for something that will do the job. For resawing you want 1 hp for about every 3 - 4" of thickness, depending upon the wood, so if you want to resaw 12" you need about 3- 4 hp. I would not want less than 3. After that, it doesn't much matter which saw you get or what the features are. As long as it can tension a 3/4" blade to at least 20 ksi, it will do the job. Guides are almost of no consequence for resawing if you can put enough tension on the blade. Seriously. If the saw is set up to cut in a straight line, the side guides aren't doing much of anything. And for resawing there's no need to spend money on fancy guides. Or a fancy fence either. I use a homemade tall fence for resawing and slicing veneer that cost almost nothing to make and works better than any factory fence.

Manual brakes do not complicate things, and they only fail if you forget to use them. They are worth their weight in gold IMO if you buy a saw with heavy wheels. Mine will spin for what seems like a minute if I don't use the brake. Electronic brakes, yes, I agree, I wouldn't spend money on one.

John