Thread: Finally some success with Centauro 600

Finally some success with Centauro 600

After a great deal of reading,mostly older threads on SMC,along with advice from a more recent thread and many hours of hair pulling I am finally able to repeatedly split a line ripping full depth,(it only has a 13 inch deep capacity)The blade wasn't changed.
    I was satisfied there were no issues with the motor,bearings or wheel alignment.
    What I did do was a slight tracking adjustment,realigned the fence and cranked up the tension.
    I also found the table wasn't square to the blade in the fore and aft plane,ok in the left to right plane.
    And guide post was significantly out of alignment with the blade in both axes.
    This took a great deal of fiddling to align,and to align the guides in the meantime as in it's life prior to my ownership the guides had worn unevenly.
    The one thing I haven't been able to get a definitive answer on is regarding the tyres and whether they are crowned or level on that model.Even Centauro can't seem to confirm that...
    So I'm just working with what I have,which is crowned and fairly new.
    I did get a price for tyres however...$1000 delivered!
    So thankyou to all who have made suggestions recently and also other more ancient threads I managed to dig up.
    SMC is a great resource. 👍

Congratulations on getting it sorted out. Now that it's working, don't fix it. Who cares whether the original tires were flat?

Glad to read you got it cutting properly, Stuart. It'll pay dividends from here on out. Bandsaws can be very precise cutting machines when properly tuned. Having to deal with all the issues you described is not uncommon with used machines and, occasionally, even new ones.

John

The issue with the tyres threw me out as the manual said to always track the teeth off the front edge,other info said euro saws always have level tyres.
    At a thousand $ a time I don't want to shred tyres

Possibly worth mentioning Scott + Sargeant have locations in the UK, but also in Ireland (which is still in EU)
    should that matter regarding postage to US, I'd think worth checking.
    https://www.scosarg.ie/centauro-48-0...saw-spare-tyre
    Parts-Pronto is where Eric mentioned in the past.

Indeed they have gone up since, they were fair bit less than half the cost a few years back, glad I bought one when I did, even though it's not very suitable for saws without the groove, I still got an insightful look at it.
    Will likely make my own if need be, possibly with stuff like this, though could be persuaded if some other source was a better material.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOLID-PLY...01&mpt=8060518

All the best
    Tom

I'm away down in the deep south Pacific.
    The replacements I put on when I first got the saw were from Sco/Sarg.