You gotta pay to play, unfortunately, with this kind of thing...or be willing to do all the work (driving, trailer+truck, loading/unloading, rigging, etc)

I have done a lot of this alone / for myself on a "budget" with reasonably heavy (1000-2000 lb) machines various distances and it always involves a good bit of brain power to prepare for and execute this type of thing safely, both for yourself and the machinery.

My specific answer may depend on what class/weight of machines we're talking about and if they can fit in a lift gate, both weight and dimensions wise. Depending on access, etc I would recommend making everything pallet Jack friendly and hiring a truck with a lift gate, but there are so many reasons why that may not work, depending on the details. Forklifts are ideal for heavier stuff but this costs $$ typically.

I have also moved heavy machines down from (lower) trailers on site made ramps and pallet Jack or multiple black iron pipe underneath; anything is possible but much more time and sweat equity down that path compared to hiring out for some hydraulic lifting power.