Thread: Shop tidbits...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shop tidbits...

A few weeks ago, the mowing season began here. While in the shed, I was looking for something and checking the open containers on the bench in there and I noticed a right-angle adapter. Looking at it, I couldn't figure what it fit. I put it back into the container and continued the search for something relating to the first mowing of the season.

For years, I have had a slow leak in my air and air compressor system. Keeping in mind, I am deaf hearing with a cochlear implant and a hearing aid, I couldn't determine where the leak was originating. Thus I got in the habit of turning off the air compressor daily. Then one day last week, I wanted to bleed off the air pressure quickly, so I pulled out on the ring for the safety overpressure valve. That bled off the pressure quickly and I reset it. Since then, I have turned off the air compressor with for example 105 psi and the next morning found the same or nearly the same pressure when I came into the shop. Before, 2-3 hours after I shut the compressor off, it would bleed off all the pressure.

The week prior to that, I was gluing up the field boards for the dining table I am building. I joined the boards using biscuits. I noticed in the case for the biscuit/plate joiner a right-angle adapter. Imagine my surprise I found that it could replace the dust bag. Using an adapter from my Bosch ROS, I was able to connect the biscuit joiner to my shop vac! Amazingly cleaner cutting the biscuit slots with it connected to my shop vac!

This afternoon, it dawned on me, I saw the same adapter in the container on the bench in the shed. The only two woodworking tools in my shop that have ever resided in that shed are my Ridgid TS and my PC8529 router. Could it be? I went to the shed, grabbed that adapter and went to my shop. Sure enough! That is the same adapter used on the biscuit/plate joiner and it fits my router. Now I look forward to routing the tenons for the breadboard edge on the field of the dining table!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-03-2024 at 9:17 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....