Howdy,
I'm getting close to being finished with a young ladies animation desk and would like some recommendations good quality linear actuators. The usage will be to move the drawing surface from flat to either the desired drawing angle or up in order to allow for the user to get an edge in order to move it into position manually.

I'm in Texas and the client is in California so the priorities are as follows:
1) high quality - I cannot go to the site to fix something.
2) long life.
3) standard 110ac outlet powered.
4) endpoint switches.
5) strength to support the weight (this is on an angle and should not be extreme).

I'm thinking that the best way to approach this is to move the drawing surface up to the point of being able to place it manually. At the point of disengagement from the linear actuator the drawing surface would be held in place by the mechanical latches under it. You simply pull the drawing surface to its' fully extended position and that releases both latches. You can then lower the drawing surface back down to the linear actuator which would then be able to lower it to flat.

I am open to any suggestions on the solution that you might have or any problems you see in what I am describing.

a1_AnimationDesk.jpga2_AnimationDesk.jpga3_AnimationDesk.jpga4_AnimationDesk.jpg

thanks,
david