Thread: Festool tracksaw t75 just stopped working mid cut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have never owned a Festool anything. The ones I have used seem WAY over priced for what you get. They seem more like prestige tools than actually superior tools.

For a home shop the Makita seems like a sweet spot for capability vs price. I have a 60" sliding table saw and a 24" cross cut radial arm saw so I seem to only use my track saw for the initial break down of whole sheets. After I can move the pieces around easily I don't have any more use for a track saw.

I would certainly find out how much it will cost to repair your T75. If you do decide to get rid of it out of disgust you will be able to sell a working T75 for a lot more than a non-working one! It sounds like there are some on this thread that are anxious to buy your non-working T75, send it off to be repaired and turn a quick buck from your misfortune.

P.S. I talked myself into buying a Mafell track saw. While it is a fantastic track saw it doesn't do anything (or do anything better) than my neighbors Makita which was less than half the price. My Mafell track saw has a brushless motor. Does the T75 have a brushless motor?
    Last edited by Michael Schuch; 03-28-2024 at 8:59 PM.

I read the original post and my immediate thought was "check the brushes". Classic symptom. I note Brian also said this. We are the two greatest minds here, so do it!

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post
    Does the T75 have a brushless motor?
    No. The TS75, even to this day, is a brushed motor. As both Brian and Derek mentioned, brushes would be the first thing I'd check. When it was introduced, it was pretty much the only game in town for larger depth capacity in a tracksaw. Mafell and maybe a few others have addressed this competitively at this point, however.

I have used Festool's service for out of warranty repair and didn't find the cost to be out of line, honestly. My 2005 era Rotex 150 wasn't running correctly. They literally rebuilt it for under half the cost of a new one and it's a beast. I was actually surprised when they told me the number before sending it back to me. A lot of tools are not even "fixable" these days...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Andrew that's got to be incredibly frustrating for you, as I know you're in business cutting wood.
    Let us know the upshot.