Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
Go to any big box retailer say Costco. Look around at the number of manufactured products from toothbrushes to TVs. Multiply that by the number of Costco around the world. Then imagine someone from a remote village in the Amazon (not the online retailer, the other one ), seeing it for the first time. That would also be mind blowing.
About 25 years ago, a missionary who had spent the prior 25 years in rural parts of Africa. He had come back to the US about annually, but mostly for family & fund raising. He & his wife were staying with her parents and he was sent to a supermarket one morning for corn flakes & milk. Not having been in one here for 25 years or more, he was stunned just at the cereal aisle, and had a lot of trouble finding Kellog's Corn Flake amid the apparent chaos and sensory overload. Then he went to check out and had no idea of what the question was when the cashier sped through the word "paperorplastic", which we no longer hear. He painted a great picture of that scene.

To this day, when i walk down a cereal aisle i'm in awe of the array of different products. I don't eat cold cereal, but i make a trek down that aisle just to be reminded of the richness of our lives here!!