Thread: Large metal letters

Large metal letters

have a project coming up that will require 12 metal letters approximately 2' tall. Could also be a material that looks like metal.. Anyone interested? Posted on the sign board also.

Girlfriend has a sign shop with large laser. Interior or Exterior? What color? Thickness? She has some brushed silver and gold in stock, would be $86 plus shipping for the 12 but need to know some details if the price is in range.

I'm meeting with the client tomorrow afternoon to look at some mock ups and decide how big the letters need to be to be seen from a busy road. The letters need to be thick enough to be mounted slightly off the surface of the sign. I'm pretty sure they want a bronze-ish finish. could be solid surface or other material that can take weather. I will PM you with more details after my meeting.

Solid surface material is great for exterior service, just about any type of spray paint works and you can machine keyholes in the back of each letter for hanging. A CNC machine will cut the letters and create a paper template using a felt tip pen in the chuck with the hole layouts for mounting on the wall. If you want the good stuff Sculpt Nouveau is real metal (bronze) spray coating that is great stuff. I have done some very nice bronze plaques using sculpt nouveau spray metal for commercial customers. This is the high side of cost for exterior letters, just thought you would like to know about the option.

There are a bunch of people here in the CNC Forum who can do this type of work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Letter Visibility Chart.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	517575
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-27-2024 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks Keith,

Still ironing out details with the client. today we determined that 16" letters are optimal. They are still deciding on finishes. The Sculpt Nouveau looks like a suitable coating - Bradley