Thread: Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Hi, it was a typical March week for weather, ranging from a tropical heat wave to a snowstorm.

In the shop I managed to make a new Fritz and Franz jig to replace my 14 year old tattered one.

The new one has flip stops and a scale, it might just be too fancy for my shop.

So what did you do last week?

Regards, Rod.

IMG_2670.jpg

Last week was a bit tipsy-turvy dealing with a family member's health issue, but I did get all the general CAD/CAM work for some cutting I need to do for a friend this week. Also got the rear tires for the ZTR tubed as they were getting sketchy holding air...treads are good, but the tires are aging. Tubing was much more cost effective than replacing, given how little my use it. Saturday's 3" of rain was, um..."special". For Sunday's whole family meal, I decided to make enchiladas. They were amazing, but the level of work involved was over the top.

Still contemplating what the next woodworking project(s) will be, but I suspect the first will be something simple that involves construction grade 2x3s for a long shelving unit to hold our houseplants during their summer vacation in the three season porch. Things need to be "more organized" to make me happy around that. I may also resort to making a bench or two for the big table I made for that area last year. I have enough spruce left for at least one bench. Working on designs for two chairs and a loveseat for our "living room" to replace what I've had since the late 1980s. Also need to get started on some outdoor stuff, including the flower beds out front, a new base for the propane tanks and replacing the back patio surface. (The latter two involve a lot of concrete...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I finished up the two elevated beds for Mary's garden and moved them into the garden. The rest of the week was spent getting ready for the crowd that's coming for Easter. including cleaning the upholstery in the family room, spreading a few yards of compost on flower beds, washing windows, taking apart the oven doors to clean between the two panes of glass (what a pain!) and so on.

A tradition in our family is to have fresh Hungarian sausage (Friss kolbász) along with ham for dinner. It's getting harder and harder to find, even here near Cleveland which has fairly large central European populations. Spicy versions (using hot paprika) are a little easier to find, but several family members don't care for the heat so I try to find the mild. The butcher shop I got it from last time is out of business, so I visited several other shops that carry it and bought a little from each to try. Picked a winner and will head back to buy more for Easter.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I got two of the sections of the tabletop glued up.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Added drawers to my workbench. Dowel construction, full extension self closing slides. Holds my planes. Lined the drawer with a sheet of cardboard, sprayed it with WD40, threw in a few desiccant packs, planes are wrapped in silicone impregnated socks from Woodcraft. Happy rust-free environment. Drawer on right holds my drill press tools. Chose the handles for unlikelyhood of snagging. Treated fronts with teak oil. Quarter round routered edge...Turned out nice.
    IMG_1633.jpgIMG_1637.jpg