May 2020 was the end of production of the Dodge Grand Caravan. I had considered getting a new Grand Caravan back then and I wish I had done it. I could still buy a brand new one for $21,000 to $22,000 back then. That would have gotten me past 2030 before needing to pay the $40,000 price for a new minivan. The only issue with the 2019/2020 Grand Caravan SE is they removed the Stow N' Go seating in the SE model so I would have had to use up considerable garage space to store the seats.

You can buy a used rental Chrysler Pacifica for a decent price, but they all have mileage just over 60,000 miles. I prefer not to buy a vehicle that is a third to half used up already. Used minivans are also NASTY! No matter how well they are cleaned up they have stains all over the seats and the carpet from kids spilling stuff everywhere. I considered a used late model minivan the last time I made a purchase, but every one I looked at was full of stains. The used ones also cost more than new because they were not the base model.