Thread: Ad Blockers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Also second this:
    "Ad Blocker Plus, along with Privacy Badger."
    "Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.”
    Friedrich von Schiller (1759-1805)

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking."
    Henry Ford

I use adblock plus. The only other one I know of is ublock origin which I've never used and didn't seem as user friendly. Adblock plus used to have a default setting to allow certain whitelisted ads, which you can turn off. You can also whitelist certain sites. I used to use privacy badger but no longer, I think most of those features are included in firefox. I use firefox which comes with most default settings optimized for privacy and minimal tracking.

The DuckDuckGo browser does a pretty good job of blocking ads. Plus it blocks other possible intrusive stuff as well. You can see what it blocks besides ads by clicking after a site downloads. Sometimes there are numerous other sites wanting access.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson