Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This router bit?

William, I would use it primarily to pattern route chair parts.
    I have been using the 2" spiral bit from William Ng. If this bit is resharpened the cutter is now not as wide as the bearing. The bit I posted about here interested me because the inserts are replaceable.

William, it is a pattern bit.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Gibney View Post
    William, I would use it primarily to pattern route chair parts.
    I have been using the 2" spiral bit from William Ng. If this bit is resharpened the cutter is now not as wide as the bearing. The bit I posted about here interested me because the inserts are replaceable.
    For larger pieces, I use a 4" diameter x 4" tall insert head with a rub bearing from Freeborn on a shaper. I only use the router bits for small stuff. The shrinking cutter diameter after sharpening would seem to make a flush cutting bit useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Neil Erasmus (designer/high end maker)

That's a new title! Makes me chuckle! Where or how do you cross over from maker to high end maker? What is the monetary boundary between the two? So many questions!!!
    Same way GM sold Chevrolets and Cadillacs.

I think it’s old “Punk - Rock” Jewelry, one of the formal pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    Same way GM sold Chevrolets and Cadillacs.

Heck, GM sold Chevrolets as Cadillacs. . . cough . . . Cimmaron . . . cough . . .

William ,I have a set of 3 bearings like that , but each is a slightly different size to allow near perfect cutting depth . Had them
    custom made. I’m retired and would like to sell them , for $85 plus postage of your choice of postage . Nothing like them ready made,
    I periodically check. Glad to answer any questions.

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Neil Erasmus (designer/high end maker)

That's a new title! Makes me chuckle! Where or how do you cross over from maker to high end maker? What is the monetary boundary between the two? So many questions!!!
    Look at the work of the late David Savage. What stands out here? https://finefurnituremaker.com/

To which market does Garrett Hack appeal? https://www.garretthack.com/

Ditto Sam Maloof, Will Neptune, Freddy Roman, etc, etc.

How would you describe their standing among furniture designers/makers? What defines this?

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Last edited by Derek Cohen; 03-15-2024 at 6:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Fulks View Post
    William ,I have a set of 3 bearings like that , but each is a slightly different size to allow near perfect cutting depth . Had them
    custom made. I’m retired and would like to sell them , for $85 plus postage of your choice of postage . Nothing like them ready made,
    I periodically check. Glad to answer any questions.

Mel
    $80. would be a good deal if they matched the radius any of my custom made corrugated back cope and stick cutters.