Thread: Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Creeker’s past weeks accomplishments

Hi everyone, I stained the trim panels for the 3 new kitchen cabinets and am now back to drywall patching, my favourite 😒

IMG_2600.jpg

The weather here is crazy, today it’s +11C.

So, what did you do last week?

Regards, Rod

Looks good Rod
    Worked a five day week, gradually getting back in the groove. People came by yesterday and got the small part of the playset, my two brothers came over and we disassembled the large swing set part and moved it over to the daughter's house. Need to reassemble it then the bigger kids will have something to swing on. Main beam is long enough that when we laid it down on an eight foot trailer, had gat open and strapped it up to the beam, the rest went over eight more feet and laid on the asphalt. Strapped a ten foot 4x4 under it so that would ride on the asphalt protecting main beam. Wife got her zero turn out to drag the beam to the trailer and then from trailer to back yard. It was in the 60's with lots of sun yesterday.
    Ron

Quiet week for me; just a bunch of medical appointments for family members plus PT for me and so forth. I'm still working on the decision about what to do for a next project, but have been distracted.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very close to breaking the all time record temp for this date, record here is 74F, high today is predicted to be 73...just a beautiful day. Lots of folks wanted to play pickleball outside today, but most/all of the outdoor courts don't have their nets out yet so we played inside. One the way home from playing, I hit the AC button in the truck and was met with...nothing.... Sigh, another repair to look into.

I actually got back to working on my laundry table, varnishing the wood parts in preparation for final assembly. For a little project it's taking *way* too long. On Saturday I finally got around to pulling out the washer and dryer to clean underneath and behind, and clean out the dryer vent. Been on the list for a while but I finally got to it. Replaced the washer hoses while I was at it; the old ones were probably 10 years or more old and felt fairly brittle. We have a single handle shut off for the washer, but the concept of using it regularly seems to elude Mary, so new hoses are cheap insurance.

Mary moved the lettuce plants from the basement to the cold frame outside. We've been eating the lettuce all winter and moving them out makes room to start the tomatoes and peppers downstairs under the lights.

In my spare time I continue to work on the plans for the master bedroom/bath remodel. And Mary has added a new project to the backlog: addition of a hot tub in the backyard. That will involve removing a portion of the existing deck and replacing it with a section of pavers for under the hot tub. An alternative would be to just set the tub on the deck, but I'd have to add a lot of reinforcement and I think that would end up being more work. And having the tub a couple of feet lower than the deck will make it easier to get in and out. Of course there will be some electrical work for the tub too, but that's pretty minor.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Last week I managed to get all of the table top field pieces and the breadboard edge pieces planed to their final thickness. They are currently stickered. I began mortising the table legs. We are out of town so it will be next week before I get back to the table.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Working on shop infrastructure while I'm between projects. Installed GRIT Automation stuff, added a few Nordfab ducts/pipes to clean some runs up and did a trial milling session on my CNC for organizing drawers with Kaizen foam inserts. Going to be pretty cool!