Thread: Selling Candle Holders

Selling Candle Holders

I didn’t know where to put this question so I figured it would be safe here. How much do you think I could charge for this candle holder (see link)? The LED candles are about $1.50 each and Tim is about $6.00 per board. Finish is under $30 per 32 fl oz can, about 4 coats. Build is fairly simple and doesn’t take too long except the drying process between coats. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5mjv4...y3rdd2dlr&dl=0

First what is Tim is about $6.00 per board. and what is a LED candle holder??
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

If you're thinking craft fairs, I'd say between $50-65, depending on the type/quality of the fair. BTW, most successful crafters pricing policy is to price what the market will bear, then work backwards to determine if they can afford to sell at that price. The trick is to be honest with yourself on what your cost actually is.

A major wrinkle in craft fair money-making (or losing) is how much, if any, do you asses for your time. Obviously, there is the time taken to make the item but there is also time to travel to/from the fair which can be more than just a hour, fair entry fee, gas for car and then stand around for 8 hours hoping to make a sale. If you can sell a large number then these costs per unit get smaller but if you spend a day and sell only a couple it's a different story.
    The couple of craft fair sellers I knew said if they didn't enjoy just making the items and the social aspect of the fairs they would not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holbrook View Post
    If you're thinking craft fairs, I'd say between $50-65, depending on the type/quality of the fair.
    I think that’s a neat craft idea. For the materials pictured in his link (pine?), I wouldn’t pay more than $25. I’d pay $50-$65 if using more expensive or material like Sapele, etc where the color and grain really stand out. YMMV.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

What you can sell it for is very dependent on your area. In my area, I doubt I could get 25-30.00 .have you gone to craft shows and watched what people will buy? And what they will pay? that will tell you a lot about what to make and what will sell.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe