Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
They are very similar, IMHO, but HFT markets the Hercules as "more contractor quality". I will say this, I have a bunch of the Bauer battery operated tools, including a few things I use for construction and in the shop as well as a few of the battery operated landscaping products. I have only ever been disappointed with one...and I returned it. That was the "rotozip" clone that just was not worthy. Otherwise, I'm very happy for my use. Hercules was not available when I started buying, so I've not had any personal experience with the blue tools. I actually just bought a Bauer 20v Hot Glue gun to use at the CNC the other day when I had a nice discount available. The small 20v circular saw and the 20v impact driver were workhorses when I was doing the shop build out. I felt no reason to buy "higher end" brands for those things because the use was initially targeted and now very occasional.
I haven't liked any of the rotozip options that I have ever used, actual rotozip or any clone. So that doesn't say much. In general I have avoided complex tools from HF. This would be my second largest buy and the most "complex" item I have purchased from HF. This, which I still cannot I spent $400 on one item at HF, but I am beyond pleased with its performance. The US General top/bottom 22"x26" tool box is fantastic. I cannot believe I said that either.