Thread: CAMFive machine settings... whacked!

CAMFive machine settings... whacked!

I'm helping a friend. He bought a used (old) 40 watt CAMFive laser, the one with the jenky V1 controller that only works with SmartCarve. I got it working just fine. Then I got greedy and started messing with machine settings. The machine was used for on particular part production workflow and had a jig screwed onto honeycomb and the origin was set at a point away from the x/y zero. I wanted to set the machine origin to 0/0. But I screwed up the settings and can't get them back to operable. Does anyone know a set of settings that will work?
    Bob Crimmins
    -------------------
    OLT CNC - 64amp Plasma
    Shenhui CNC - 80 watt Co2 (Up From the Ashes)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Crimmins View Post
    I'm helping a friend. He bought a used (old) 40 watt CAMFive laser, the one with the jenky V1 controller that only works with SmartCarve. I got it working just fine. Then I got greedy and started messing with machine settings. The machine was used for on particular part production workflow and had a jig screwed onto honeycomb and the origin was set at a point away from the x/y zero. I wanted to set the machine origin to 0/0. But I screwed up the settings and can't get them back to operable. Does anyone know a set of settings that will work?
    Your best bet would likely be to try and get someone to actually answer the phone at CamFive and see if they will talk to you without a credit card and provide config data. And this is why you always backup or at least write down what you're changing. :-)
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer