In my previous post I mistakenly said the tabletop was made of 8/4 but it's really 6/4 walnut.

I just installed the Soss hidden barrel hinges. The butterfly section is made up of 2 sections hinged with Soss hidden barrel hinges. Drilling the 16mm holes for the hinges to the tight tolerances demanded by Soss was an interesting challenge! Installing the new 16mm Forstner bit in my drill press, as I reached for something, I accidentally brushed the back of my left hand across the point of the new bit. I tried liquid bandage on the resultant slice on the back of my left hand, but the bleeding would not allow it to adhere properly. Later I was able to get the liquid bandage to work. After installing the hinges, the 2 sections function properly. A marking knife, properly supporting material, a drill press and tighter tolerances have improved the results but it's never perfect. So much to learn, so little time!

The last 2 weeks our adult daughter has been visiting from Hawaii. The wife drove her to the airport in Spokane this morning. The house is quieter. I need to pick up the speed on my build before our summer travels begin.