Thread: Bedrock blade advance problem

Bedrock blade advance problem

Hi -- I got a 607 type 6 on ebay, and while everything seems to be in good shape, I find that I can't get the blade to advance far enough to come through the throat to the wood. There's plenty of iron left. I have several Baileys but this is my first Bedrock, so, I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time. Adjusting the frog backwards and forwards doesn't seem to help. I run out of adjustment thread no matter what (screw seems normal length). Any suggestions? I've tried installing a Hock blade, and its the same problem.

Thanks for any help.

Reg

You may have to wrong chipbreaker. Try another one.

I put chip breakers from a Bailey 6 and 7 -- all the chip breakers seem to be 3-3/4 inches from to to bottom of the adjustment slot -- and its the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg Lilly View Post
    I put chip breakers from a Bailey 6 and 7 -- all the chip breakers seem to be 3-3/4 inches from to to bottom of the adjustment slot -- and its the same thing.
    Reg, pictures might help others to trouble shoot your situation. As a member you should be able to post images, you just won't be able to see them. Click in the icon that looks like a window looking out on a tree. It should be the third from the right above the text entry area.

You may also try setting the chip breaker further back from the edge to see if that helps.

Have you contacted the seller?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I think I got a 606 at home. I'll check it out and take pictures after work.

Has your plane been restored or manipulated in any way? Pictures of your plane will also help.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg Lilly View Post
    The cb on my 606 is also 3 3/4" from the edge to the slot. Pictures show the position of the frog and the approx location of the yoke.

You'll have to post pictures to try to figure out what is going on with your plane.

20240202_175116.jpg20240202_174657.jpg20240202_174721.jpg
    Last edited by Rafael Herrera; 02-02-2024 at 6:12 PM.