Is it correct to say that S2S that is actually 13/16" is 4/4? I have had trouble with this for projects. I have a Grizzly G0586 8" jointer and do pretty good not milling wedges on it. Some of the lumber I have purchased from my local supplier, Northwest Lumber in Indianapolis, has been problematic.

When I have brought it home and it is acclimated for a few weeks and I start to break it down by length then cut the widths and it releases the internal stresses. I have had some problems with their S2S not having enough material getting it flat on one side, letting it sit overnight and then flattening the first side again, just skimming it, then planing it to 3/4". Some time I wind up not having enough material getting it down to 3/4". I do my best to pick out flat boards and they are flat, but there can be some twist or other stuff in the board even though it is S2S. I have gotten in the habit of purchasing rough sawn 4/4 since this doe not cause issues. has enough material for me to mill it.

Is this me?

Thanks.

Brian