Thread: Need Help Troubleshooting a (1999 ULS M30 / M-300) Laser not working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Whenever I've had a tube/power issue, including my old ULS 1998 model the machine worked but the engraving or cutting was so weak it was nearly invisible.

I would call tech support for their suggestions; particularly whether you can use that version of Windows.
    Check your printer port connection.
    Replace the pc to laser cable.
    Confirm the interlocks are working.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I'm thinking your machine is a twin the old New Hermes "Optima" laser I used to have, it was a re-branded Universal, and your display is exactly the same as it was--

Concur on the magnetic interlocks maybe being the problem.. I used to tape round magnets to the frame opposite the sensors so I could run the thing with the door open--

Another thing it MIGHT be, could be the red LED pointer-light is "on" but not working-? Do you know if it works? I don't remember how it turned on, been a long time -
    If not, experiment with that too, if it does work, then that won't be the problem, if it doesn't, maybe try cycling the "on" button/switch...
    --edit, just found a pic of the old thing, which is also a 1999 machine-- FWIW, best I recollect, the magnetic interlocks are somewhere just below the lower left/right corners of the cover...

Optima.jpg
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 01-27-2024 at 9:39 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle