Thread: Interesting Knew Saw

Interesting Knew Saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgOvkd-r7c4

This popped up on Youtube. Interesting saw

Interesting indeed. Though, if you're going to go for something that large and complex to make things easier, why not just use a scroll saw? It just seems like a solution in search of a problem. Like it's a saw made for people who want to say they only use hand tools, but who really don't like using hand tools.

It reminds me of those Amish power tools that run on pneumatics powered by a diesel engine. It just gives me the vibe of a tool that was designed by a lawyer, rather than an engineer or woodworker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
    Interesting indeed. Though, if you're going to go for something that large and complex to make things easier, why not just use a scroll saw? It just seems like a solution in search of a problem. Like it's a saw made for people who want to say they only use hand tools, but who really don't like using hand tools.

It reminds me of those Amish power tools that run on pneumatics powered by a diesel engine. It just gives me the vibe of a tool that was designed by a lawyer, rather than an engineer or woodworker.
    Ya but if the power grids fail marquetry can still be done. I agree this is a very niche tool. I wonder what the total sales will be.

You could logically just extend that argument to using nothing but machines.

This isn't really a new tool, more of a modern implementation
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I never got on with those Grobet type blade clamps. I much prefer the old Trojan jewelers saw style, although they’re not as pretty.

Totally worth watching- thanks.

Blog Entries
    $615 bucks. What a deal.

Im a fan of Adam. More for his shop organizing then 1 day builds but he is very enthusiastic