Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tractor (non-wood-working tool/toy)

Smile New Tractor (non-wood-working tool/toy)

Got tired of fighting horse flies, yellow flies, bees/wasps while cutting grass, and wanted the ability to add some hydraulic features down the road like a lane shark. My prior two tractors, a 2017 John Deere 2032R and a 2017 John Deere 5045E were not ideal candidates for the lane shark because the 2032R was too small and the 5045E didn’t have a loader. So, I traded both in and got a 2023 Kioti 4710C HST. Was delivered tonight and I’m excited to put it to work around the property. Just wanted to share my excitement as I know some of you guys have tractors too. LOL.

IMG_3979.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

That's a very nice tractor, Greg!! Congratulations!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim. I’ll have to wait till morning to start learning all the ins/outs on it but it should work out really nicely to make some chores more comfortable. My first upgrades will be 3rd function hydraulics and a grapple, but it will be next year some time before I can add those items. The grapple should really make clean up chores go quicker though.

I guess when I get old I’ll have to get a utility tractor with a cab. I know you’ll love it.

Wow!! Now that's a tractor! Have fun learning all about it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Sweet! I'm ready for another tractor!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Beautiful tractor Greg, a real work horse machine. Those who own tractors are very fortunate as they are valuable tools that are used almost every day. I would be lost without mine and feel crippled in my efforts to maintain my property and support my workshop. A FEL is necessary in my opinion and should be installed on every tractor. Two Thumbs Up on your new machine, congratulations !!!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 12-06-2023 at 7:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    That is a beauty! It is hard not to think of young Henry Ford, watching his Parents and Grandparents work their fingers to the bone, wanting to come up with a way to help ease their toils. We are running out of old-timers who can tell about what life was like before the tractor and the motor car became attainable items.
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 12-06-2023 at 7:25 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Nice rig! You will get a lot of enjoyment out of having a cab for the hot days and keeping the bugs at bay. Front wheel assist and a loader make any tractor punch above it's weight class. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Beautiful tractor Greg, a real work horse machine. Those who own tractors are very fortunate as they are valuable tools that are used almost every day. I would be lost without mine and feel crippled in my efforts to maintain my property and support my workshop. A FEL is necessary in my opinion and should be installed on every tractor. Two Thumbs Up on your new machine, congratulations !!!
    I agree, Keith. Even though I use the Big Orange Power Tool a lot less here at our downsize property, it still provides utility and helps with a lot of things. Not bad for a machine I bought in 2021...and have had to do minimal repairs.

-----

Greg, having third function is a really good thing for what I perceive you will be using your new tractor for. Good call on getting the cab, too, especially where you live
    --

Congrats, it should keep you out of trouble for a while

Nothing handier than a tractor with a loader, unless it has a grapple too
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
    Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the decision." Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Barber View Post
    Nothing handier than a tractor with a loader, unless it has a grapple too
    Agree. I wish I would have had a grapple at our old property over the years...it would have got a lot of use for sure.
    --

farmer here used different machines over the years to unload machines for me. tractors skid steers and last was a massive John Deere thing. that machine about 2,500 lbs. They always refused money saying thats what you do for neighbours. When her father was older or away I cut his lawn a number of times as thats what we do for our neighbours. Great people, their farm now becoming a sea of homes.

Blog Entries
    Very nice. Color me green.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler