Thread: Sales on blood tests for the holidays?

Sales on blood tests for the holidays?

I have been getting emails for holiday sales on blood tests from Quest labs. I used to go there more then three years ago for annual blood tests for my doctor.
    Not DNA tests but romantic stuff like stool test for colon cancer, cholesterol levels, thyroid, am I diabetic etc etc. No doctors note needed, just come on in and enjoy paying to be poked. Makes me wonder where that candy cane was last.
    Bill D.

Some holiday sales do seem misguided (what is being sold has no relation, or perhaps even an opposing relation to the holidays). I could see medical services suggesting end of year deals because people are busy and not scheduling various appointments right now, so may have excess capacity. I could see some benefit for some consumers because it might be a write off on next years taxes, or if covered by insurance and you've reached out of pocket maximums for the year, etc.

Nothing says love like a colonoscopy gift certificate for the holidays. unless maybe a free prostrate exam.
    Bill D.
    PS: women do not have a prostate to exam but I often offer free breast exams to my wife. For some reason she seldom accepts?