Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need some help with screws

Everyone else summed it up good, but I will add I like their non plated screws for interior work that will never be exposed to any exterior environmental conditions. My opinion is they are what you’re looking for and is exactly what I use for similar applications. I think the price is cheaper too. Construction applications require different types.
    Last edited by Bryan Cramer; 11-07-2023 at 11:38 AM.
    My woodworking theory: Measure with a micrometer, Mark with chalk, Cut with an ax.

I agree that non-plated is just fine for project fasteners that are essentially hidden inside of the projects. The thing is, it's likely a very large percentage of us use our shop fasteners for a lot more things than our shop projects. So I do the black oxide (my choice but any of them are great) so one supply covers all my uses.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    I have added Grip Rite outdoor screws to my assortment recently. They are beefier than #6 and are OK when a little corrosion protection is needed. For outdoors I use stainless steel. I need to make another batch of quick and easy boxes.
    IMG_1650.jpg