Thread: New tool

New tool

Got this on Temu, figured I'd give it a shot. I don't know what the top adjustment is for.20231015_134439.jpg20231015_134454.jpg

I give up, what is it?

I have no clue.

It looks to me like it might be an adjustable stop for use with a second flip stop assembly. Maybe for cutting both sides of a lap joint or the like. But that's a total guess.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

That's for calibrating the flip stop to an engraved or otherwise attached scale so it reads accurately for cut length.

I assume it is a fence with a flip stop for a miter gage and adjustment to calibrate it to a scale as Al Ladd suggests.

That makes sense. Thank you all.

So you bought it without knowing what it is? Interesting tool buying strategy. Or you just didn't know what the top adjustment was for?

I just didn't know what the top adjustment was for. I also bought just to check out Temu products.

I kinda thought that, just pulling your chain. So is the Temu tool good value, worth considering? I'm always torn between buying knockoffs because they are stealing other's design and paying ridiculous prices for the originals. I usually take door #3 and DIY it when I can.

One might want to check out Kim Komando's review, or some other reviews of the software behind the app, of Temu. Loading the app basically gives the folks in China access to your phone data. For me , that is too much to pay for a cheap tool.

Now ya tell me. :-) I really hesitated to try them when my phone number was requested. I've been inundated with out of state calls since. Should have trusted my gut.

Delete the app and limit the damage. The Kim Komando article will provide the details. Good Luck.

Well it's gone now but I'm sure it's too late and my privacy is forever in there hands.