Thread: Hardware For Lazy Susan

Hardware For Lazy Susan

I've made a bunch of Lazy Susans and I always used the Rockler hardware. But that Rockler unit doesn't turn smoothly and easily. I've done all kind of things to it and it still just does not turn easily.

Does anyone have a recommendation for Lazy Susan hardware that spins smoothly and easily? I'm making a nice Lazy Susan and want to have it operate smoothly.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE

These are really good.

https://www.wurthmachinery.com/Premi...th-Detent.html

I have 3 of the 32" round shelves that use this hardware in my kitchen and they are smooth and quiet.

I should have been more specific. I'm making a round lazy susan that would sit on a table - say a dining table. I need hardware that would be somewhere between 14 inches and 20 inches (for metric, maybe 400 to 450mm). The wooden part of the unit is 23 inches in diameter.

The lazy susan hardware that consists of two pressed steel plates with some ball bearings between them are what Rockler offers and what I've used before. In general, they do not turn very easily or smoothly, and make a fair amount of noise when being turned.

We have bearings on motors that are smooth and quiet - and fairly cheap. Why can't they make some lazy susan hardware that operates as smooth and quiet as a motor bearing? That's what I'm looking for.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 10-08-2023 at 6:49 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I used this one on this relatively heavy 32" OD lazy susan a few years ago. It's smooth and stable.

IMG_2772.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    I used this one on this relatively heavy 32" OD lazy susan a few years ago. It's smooth and stable.
    Thanks. I'm going to go with a bit smaller one, but the same brand. I just ordered it on Amazon.

Very nice looking lazy susan. I assume that's veneer in the radial match.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 10-08-2023 at 9:34 PM.

I received the lazy susan hardware today and it works well. I have the 18 inch hardware. A bit expensive but works fine.

Mike