Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any experience with liquid membrane waterproofing ?

The "feeder fish" from pet stores are basically goldfish (comets) and are great for this application as they are hardy. Honestly, that's what we started with at the old property.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The "feeder fish" from pet stores are basically goldfish (comets) and are great for this application as they are hardy. Honestly, that's what we started with at the old property.
    Yep, that's what I used at the old house. Other than losing a few to the bears, they survived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    I'd really wonder if a hot tar system would be non toxic when cured. Rather than looking to a tile forum I would look to a garden pond forum. I searched garden pond waterproofing concrete and found this thread https://www.gardenpondforum.com/thre...te-pond.31401/
    Which referred to this product which sounds just what you are looking for.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pond-Armor-SKU...4043347&sr=8-4
    Pond Armor is one of the products I'm looking at, along with SEMCO Liquid Membrane™ - Waterproofing Liquid Membrane

I think you should stock it with this. Go big or go home eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holbrook View Post
    Pond Armor is one of the products I'm looking at, along with SEMCO Liquid Membrane™ - Waterproofing Liquid Membrane

That looks like an expensive PIA- read the reviews.

I would use Thoroseal. There are Youtubes showing the details. The light, neutral color is good for your set up.

For large planters and such, I tend to use torch-on roofing. Flexible, both physically, and in variety of applications.

Thanks Cameron, I have actually used Thoroseal before for a different application and forgot about it. I think that is what I'll use. Plus with it the surface bonding cement will not be necessary.