Thread: Jessem MasteRSlide TS slider

Jessem MasteRSlide TS slider

I have a Jessem "MastRSlide 7500 precision sliding cross-cut table" mounted on my Unisaw. This is nothing like the slide by the same name which goes on router tables, it is a slider attachment for TS that I bought new in 2006.

I have looked for U-Tube videos about it, and its operation, but can find none. Has anyone run across any videos?

Basically I am curious about any tricks or tips I can find. I do have the manual it came with, which is basically just an installation manual.

Thanks
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I have a Jessem "MastRSlide 7500 precision sliding cross-cut table" mounted on my Unisaw. This is nothing like the slide by the same name which goes on router tables, it is a slider attachment for TS that I bought new in 2006.

I have looked for U-Tube videos about it, and its operation, but can find none. Has anyone run across any videos?

Basically I am curious about any tricks or tips I can find. I do have the manual it came with, which is basically just an installation manual.

Thanks

Rick
    I've been using that same slide for many years on my tablesaw also.
    Is there something specific that you're trying to do with it? I've never made a You Tube video on how to use it, but it can be persnickety to get setup properly. It's not a simple "bolt it on" addition. It takes some patience, a true straight edge, a larger accurate square, and a box of motor shims.

FWIW, I love mine, and have tried to find another one for my other table saw, or shaper, but never have.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 08-18-2023 at 8:48 AM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I don't have info on the jessem but for Rick, I have the Harney slider on my uni and it's great. No shims and not finicky at all but I did have to drill the mounting holes. Since you're looking for another cabinet saw slider...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Rick
    I've been using that same slide for many years on my tablesaw also.
    Is there something specific that you're trying to do with it? I've never made a You Tube video on how to use it, but it can be persnickety to get setup properly. It's not a simple "bolt it on" addition. It takes some patience, a true straight edge, a larger accurate square, and a box of motor shims.

FWIW, I love mine, and have tried to find another one for my other table saw, or shaper, but never have.

I’ve used the Jessum slider for many years. First on a PM66 and now on a Sawstop. It is a pain to get aligned square with the blade since there is no micro adjustment system. Angle settings are even more painful. But for repetitive cutoffs and small sheet goods I find it useful.

Thanks guys, mine has been on my saw for over 15 years, and has been very handy. I just got to wondering why I cannot find You-tube videos on it. I assumed there must be a following for them, but apparently there isn't.

I have gone full circle on table saws over the years, and since I am back with a Felder K700 I don't use the Jessem, and this idea of installing it backwards on my 24" bandsaw keeps nibbling at me. The Unisaw will be for ripping and dado work, so I plan to remove the Jessem to make it fit where I want it to be.

I guess I was just hoping I would find a video that showed alternative uses for it.

I am surprised no one has posted videos of alternative uses for the Jessem. It is a sweet slider but never got popular, probably because it cost $480 in 11-06, and in 2008 the economy semi-tanked.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Rick

I know it wasn't on the market very long, and for the time, it was fairly expensive.
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on your bandsaw? Maybe you can make the first you tube video.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Blog Entries
    A picture would help but, if this is the one Google returned a lot of results.

http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/Jes...ideReview.html

This one seems pretty well written.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Yup, that's the one I have Glenn. Don't really use it anymore, and it doesn't quite fit where I put the saw, but it is way too nice to not try to figure out what else it might be used for.

It has been a long time since I have seen Phil's site. It is a great source of info.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

The idea of using the Jessum TS slider on a large bandsaw is intriguing! I have the Festool router table slider mounted on my 18in BS and it is the best thing for green wood prep for turning since the chainsaw was invented. Look up the Festool slider on Amazon for a picture of how it works. I’m sure the Jessum could be used the same way.