Thread: Request help to identify PM66 retainers

Request help to identify PM66 retainers

Good evening - this is my first post so I apologize for any protocol or etiquette errors. I recently purchased a PM66 saw and as I was prepping to use it for the first time two small C shaped parts that look like retainers dropped to the bottom of the cabinet as I was raising the blade. I had started the saw a couple times before but had not made any cuts and I hadn't noticed any unusual vibration or anything that seemed abnormal. I can't find anything that looks like them in the exploded view in the owners manual. I'm hoping someone might recognize these and be able to tell me where in the assembly they go. I believe this saw is an early 2000s model. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20230804_131715 (1).jpg

See post 8 here. Sounds like what you have pictured. Maybe. LOL

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....45#post1155345

FYI Harbor fright sells a little box of assorted e clips for about $7.00. Likely to find something to fit in that set.
    Bill D
    https://www.harborfreight.com/300-pi...saAqfREALw_wcB

Thanks for the tip about the old thread. It sounds like I will need to pull the motor to see if that is where they are supposed to go.

Thanks Bill for the lead on e clips, I would for sure want to replace with something more robust.

E clips and C clips are very similar. Also search for internal snap ring and external snap ring. Snap ring pliers make it much easier. I like the channel lock replaceable tip type. You can grind a custom tip from a old allen wrench. Make sure to wear eye protection as they like to jump out and hit you in the face.
    The channelocks are reversible I do not think the horrible fright ones are.
    Bill D.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/snap-r...SABEgLSl_D_BwE
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 08-07-2023 at 12:36 PM.

Perfect, thanks again for your help!

This would be a good time to go through the machine top to bottom. Years ago I got a PM66 and the blade height was easy to adjust but the tilt was a little difficult. After going through the saw everything works great now.

I like Dupont chainsaver lube in a spray can. Liquid wax that dries clear to clean lube slideways and gears.
    Bill D