Thread: Amana bit for roundover in corners

Amana bit for roundover in corners

Looking for roundover bits that get well into corners. Has anyone used the Amana MR0112 roundover bit? It's got a 3/16" bearing, as compared to the 1/8" pilot on bits such as the Whiteside 1980, so technically it won't get quite as far into a corner. I like the idea of a bearing, less rubbing/marring. But the extra 1/16" diameter guide bearing may make it not as useable. I've used the Infinity roundover pilot bits, they cut well but I just see the marring sometimes that a light sand gets out.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

1/16” roundover bit with smaller bearing so that it actually gets in the corners? I have seen a few out there, but can’t remember off the top of my head which brands.
    Still waters run deep.

The only question I really have is, does that 1/16" extra in bearing diameter matter much?
    JonathanJungDesign.com

I doubt it's going to be "revolutionary", but it might make for just a little less hand work if you want to crisp things up in the corner after the roundover. Whether or not it justifies the cost of another piece of tooling for the marginal improvement is the real question.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...