I have a cousin who's a very accomplished guitarist. He's played (and continues to) with some pretty large names and venues. He was at the house the other night and asked if I could build him an (electric) guitar. He knows I've not done it before and that i normally build furniture (has a couple of my pieces) but wants something I've done to play. He has a ridiculous collection already and can buy whatever he wants so I wouldn't mind doing this right.

I'm going to do additional due diligence but after thinking on it a little bit, I believe my only real challenge will be shaping the neck (specifically the fretboard) - I don't feel challenged by the back of the neck (I don't think). What makes this especially difficult for me is that I don't play an instrument.

Anything else that may be more challenging than it appears?

He's giving me latitude on materials - his only ask is the shape of the body. And I have time, no hurry.

I'm not taking shortcuts, I'll be doing a ton of research but I consider you folks pretty high up on the value scale so starting the journey here... thanks in advance for your input.