Thread: New Hermes EP controller

New Hermes EP controller

Good Day Sawmilll Creek (typo) folks. I'm new to this forum and hope to acquire some help. , an acquaintance of mine operates a Trophy and Plaque business and has asked me to help figure out what's wrong with his New Hermes EP controller module. When powering on the unit all that is shown on the display are solid LCD squares along the top portion of the screen. I brought the unit home to disassemble and happen to read from another thread that the CMOS battery may be bad. After disassembling it, I found that the CMOS battery was very bad. I had just replaced the battery not too long ago and the unit still displays the solid squares along the screen. I didn't see any damage to the tracers on the MB from the corrosion of the battery and I'm not too knowledgeable on this unit. Any thoughts or suggestions for me to get this unit running or alternatives? I've seen some mentions of retrofitting and some others about using some software (Coral, Flexi, etc?) to run the engraver. The gentleman that owns this pretty much depends on it for his work. So any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!
    Last edited by Alex Autry; 06-29-2023 at 7:40 PM. Reason: typo

Also, does anyone know how to get into the BIOS of this controller?

Welcome to SMC. Fred Schwartz at Quality One can assist you. He is not free but I have found him to be helpful and he carries parts.

Corel will not operate your machine.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7