Thread: Any transparent oil stains avail in Calif?

Any transparent oil stains avail in Calif?

Built four large white oak chairs about 3 years ago for my daughter for her back deck. They sat outside, sometimes covered, sometimes not. Now I'm sanding them down to smooth the raised grain and was going to use SuperDeck transparent oil on them. I have used many gallons of this in the years past at my cabin in the mountains on the siding and deck and was very pleased with it. Found out it can't be sold in Calif anymore. Anybody in Calif have any suggestions of what might work that they have used (that's still sold in Calif)? Are all oils banned? I don't want a surface finish. Tx. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

You might want to look at One Time. It's called that because you only have to do it once every 7 years. Reality is less, but it's still very good. Very transparent color. Easy to apply, never flakes or peels. I did this red mulberry bench with the Natural One Time.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Randall J Cox View Post
    Built four large white oak chairs about 3 years ago for my daughter for her back deck. They sat outside, sometimes covered, sometimes not. Now I'm sanding them down to smooth the raised grain and was going to use SuperDeck transparent oil on them. I have used many gallons of this in the years past at my cabin in the mountains on the siding and deck and was very pleased with it. Found out it can't be sold in Calif anymore. Anybody in Calif have any suggestions of what might work that they have used (that's still sold in Calif)? Are all oils banned? I don't want a surface finish. Tx. Randy
    The product sounds promising but it sells for around $100.00 a gallon plus shipping on the website unless you purchase in five gallon pails. It is not in any stores in California.

Penofin is what I've been using for years https://www.penofin.com/wood-stains/...bel-wood-stain
    WoodsShop

I've had good experience with Armstrong Clark deck stains. They are translucent oil-based, and are available in California. https://www.armclark.com/ A month ago, I bought a gallon at Kelly Moore. They even had little sample cans if you want to try out colors.