Thread: Festool Domino 700 - value with no warranty?

Festool Domino 700 - value with no warranty?

I’m hoping I can get a 5 month old domino 700 574447 for $1k. Seller asking $1300 and an hour drive away.

Seller didn’t register it for warranty. I might be able to with all of sellers info. I forgot to register my ts75 4 months later and emailed Festool and they added it for me.

So, worst case I get it for $1k and no warranty and 2 hours drive, that seems like a deal?

I’d eventually add a Seneca small cutter setup.

Yes. If your work requires the 700, as mine does, its a great machine at a very good price. FWIW mine has done over 2000 cuts without a hiccup. (All on one cutter, which is now polished like chrome).

I sold my 500 after using the 700 a couple of times, and have the Seneca adapter but haven’t yet used it.

I love my DF700. At a grand, or even a little more, for a little used product, even without the warranty, I'd not hesitate, honestly. I really love the big 14mm Dominos and have also used the 14mm connectors. Perfect for larger projects but can also be adapted to use with sub-8mm Dominos, too, if desired, using a product that allows the smaller DF500 cutters to be used.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

A festool has a warranty whether it's registered or not.

If you have proof of purchase you'll get the entire length. If not, the clock starts from the build date on the sticker - which could be less time depending on when it was built and the time you need to claim. Could even be expired as the case with the end of line RAS115's which "new" were out of warranty according to the manuf. plate when they arrived to customers.

To be safe I'd make the seller register it but you should still have the 3-years warranty, assuming that the seller is honest and really hasn't owned it more than he/she says. From my experience, Festool is a company who really stands behind their warranty. I have heard complaints over the years I've owned Festoool tools, but I don't have any, Anything Festool I've ever owned has either been perfect during the warranty or they have stood behind it.