Thread: WTB: Small Router Plane

WTB: Small Router Plane

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a small router plane. similar to a Lie Nielsen 271 or Veritas small router plane. Let me know if anyone has one lying around they would like to sell!

PS Thank you to everyone who have responded to my previous posts. I have been slowly able to pick up some very cool new (to me) tools and put them to use!

Thank you,
    John

Blog Entries
    Good luck in the hunt John.

My hunt for a Stanley #271 ended recently after a couple of decades. My hunt started when it was still listed on Stanley's web site but was no longer available.

Ended when one was offered to me with a couple of side rabbet planes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Early Side Rabbets, #271 Router & Taper Pin.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	487296

The Veritas Small Router Plane is at a decent price > https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...e?item=05P3850

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I got lucky and picked one up here for $40 about a month ago, so they do come around, just not often and ya gotta get kinda lucky. After using this one a bit and borrowing a shop mate’s LN, I wouldn’t hesitate to just buy a LN new. Depth stop is a really nice accessory. $95 is a damn good deal. I would consider selling mine to fund a LN. Someone is currently selling bronze reproductions on the bay…..

Blog Entries
    Depth stop is a really nice accessory.
    It was pretty easy to make my own depth stop for the small Stanley Router Plane > https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?299825

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Pending purchase of a Stanley 271! (But if you do have a Lie Nielsen or Veritas you're trying to sell, please reach out still. Wouldn't mind adding one of those to the collection as well)

I have a small Veritas willing to sell. I think I have two blades (one ground to a point). I don't know how to upload pictures, but can send you an email picture. aetasoff@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by alan tasoff View Post
    I have a small Veritas willing to sell. I think I have two blades (one ground to a point). I don't know how to upload pictures, but can send you an email picture. aetasoff@gmail.com
    Sent you and email!