Thread: Bad job coming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bad job coming

I have these two raised panel garage doors to refinish on a lake rental house. Just testing a couple of panels, it won't be too bad sanding down to bare wood, but someone had put another coat of marine varnish on the bottom two sections, so those are going to get some work with a heat gun before sanding. I think I can sand them in a day. They will be taken down by individual panels. I'll use supplied air, but it also looks like there will be a good wind coming off the lake for a few days, which should help.

I ordered a couple of gallons of EM8000. Since there is that much to spray, I'm going to use the airless rig.

I've never sprayed this finish before. My question is about tip size. My smallest orifice tips are FFLP __10, which are .010 orifice.

Is this stuff thin enough to require a smaller tip size? I can order a 308, which is the widest fan 6" that comes with the .008 orifice. I'm wondering if the .010 will be okay, or if I should spend the $43, and order the 308 tip.

The information about the finish says .008 to .010 for air assisted airless, but only says use a "fine" or "ultrafine" airless tips, which is pretty useless information. The FFLP airless sprays very similar to an AAA rig.
    Attached Images Attached Images