Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favorite furniture style?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    A while back, I picked up a copy of "British Campaign Furniture: Elegance under Canvas 1740 -1914". Has pictures of some interesting campaign furniture. Recommended.

ISBN 0-8109-5711-6

Mike
    Thank you! I have the Schwarz book. Now I'll need another.

Blog Entries
    Another Greene and Greene guy here. I have to limit the pieces I keep for myself. With all those nooks and crannies SWMBO lets me dust any G&G stuff myself. God help the person who tries to bring any mission-style dust magnets into her turf. I was lucky that my parents exposed me to all sorts of styles of art, music, architecture and so forth. I enjoy a very wide array of styles but try to focus on only a few to live with.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Warm, contemporary. Krenov, elements of oriental but with clean lines.

I admire the incredible workmanship of antique furniture. Especially when one considers it was all built with hand tools only.

Queen Anne. I like graceful, feminine lines. I have built very little in this style. You have to own a rasp and a drawknife and have a lot of time to make it. I built a small production run of 7 tea tables for mother, mother-in-law, sister, and sisters-in-law that had tripod, snake-foot legs and a dished tabletop. They were supposed to be Christmas presents. It took me to June to deliver the last one. I also built a Queen Anne chisel rack. It is still in progress.

Arts and Crafts. I live in western New York. It's a very short trip to visit Stickley in Syracuse. Even shorter is a visit to the Roycroft campus in East Aurora. Roycroft has several showcases each year featuring Roycroft artists work from around the country. Beautiful work.

Mission and mid century modern style. But the last couple of tables I have built have been more rustic looking, my style but what ever gets me paid to support the hobby