Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woodpeckers

Blog Entries
    I keep a little 3” square in my shop vest pocket. I also keep a very compact utility knife, a 16’ tape and a veritable saddle square.

I really like the WP adjustable bevel gauge with the tightening handle at the end.

I really want some of their rulers. They seem much easier to read for me than traditional rulers. But I've never been in a position where I wanted to spend the money.

I have their drill press table (actually, I made a DP table from their hardware kit) and a Paolini rule. The DP table is fine, but it isn't as useful to have all the square fence as I thought it would be. The Paolini rule, on the other hand, is used on virtually every project. Since I've switched my woodworking to metric, I've ordered a metric one and will be replacing my current one with it as soon as it gets here. I have to say I've always had a soft spot for measuring and marking tools.

Although the other tools are interesting, I don't feel like I need any of them. I've been trying to reduce the tools in my shop rather than increase them.

Oooh, Jim. I don't want to coopt the thread, but I'd be interested in what CNC machine you brought into your shop.

The Router sled they sell sure likes like a great set up.

Buy Starret if you want a truly precision tool that will last with your grand kids, buy woodpeckers if you want to compete with the you tube sponsored crowd. Aluminum doesn't compare with steel for longevity of use and slight bumping, it dings. Very expensive for what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by David Utterback View Post
    I like the drill press table. My wife ran over the first one after ups propped it against the garage door. WP quickly replaced it. I also like their squares which are very accurate. I agree that one-time tools seems a bit gimmicky.
    Had to read that twice--still want to make sure i got it...UPS propped the box against the garage door, a family member (no need for titles here) ran over it...and Woodpecker's replaced it?? That's some service--can't see many businesses stepping up like that.
    earl