Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
GCC X380....

Wish I could say this is the first time I've read of trouble with those...

Need a bit more info

What cooler/chiller are you running?
Do you have a 3/4 pin flylead from the machine to the cooler?
Does your 380 have a water flow sensor?
Does your 380 have door switches?
What is the average ambient temperature like where you are?
Where is the "tick" originating? is it from the electrical system around the controller board or from the area of the high voltage connection on the laser tube?

cheers Dave
Hi Dave, I don't think it's the chiller as it's working fine and we have good flow. Both the door alarms and water flow are functioning which the laser picks up and allows the control panel to turn on as if it's letting the laser cut... but no power getting to the laser power supply to trigger the fire.

What cooler/chiller are you running? WE HAVE THE S&A INDUSTRIAL CHILLER CW - 5200
Do you have a 3/4 pin flylead from the machine to the cooler? I'M NOT SURE WHAT THAT IS SO I'D SAY NO..
Does your 380 have a water flow sensor?YES BUT THE ALARM IS NOT TRIGGERED AND WE CAN SEE WATER FLOW MOVING
Does your 380 have door switches? YES. THE DOOR ALARM TEST WORKS. ALL 3 LED LIGHTS RELATING TO DOOR AND CHILLER TURN ON AND CONTROL PANEL DOOR LED TURNS OFF MEANING THEY ARE NOT PREVENTING THE LASER TURNING ON. THE RED LASER CONTROL PANEL LED TURNS RED WHEN LASER IT MEANT TO BE FIRING WHEN CUTTING, BUT NO BURN IS TAKING PLACE.
What is the average ambient temperature like where you are? AT THE MOMENT ITS ABOUT 15-18Deg CELCIUS IN THE WORKSHOP
Where is the "tick" originating? is it from the electrical system around the controller board or from the area of the high voltage connection on the laser tube? THAT 'TICK' NOISE ONLY HAPPENED THE ONCE AND WE ARE NOT SURE WHERE IT CAME FROM AS WE WERE A FEW METERS FROM THE LASER AT THE TIME.