Thread: Time for some levity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yesterday was 4/20. Police code for marijuana. A fire broke out at a marijuana warehouse in Oakland California. it was reported at 4:20 am.
    Bil lD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Yesterday was 4/20. Police code for marijuana. A fire broke out at a marijuana warehouse in Oakland California. it was reported at 4:20 am.
    Bil lD
    I believe the above statement is pure fiction.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Maybe not.
    On 4/20, blaze breaks out at marijuana grow warehouse in Oakland
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/04/...-east-oakland/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    420 is not police code for marijuana. There is a California Penal Code - PEN § 420:

California Code, Penal Code - PEN § 420
    Current as of January 01, 2023 | Updated by FindLaw Staff

Every person who unlawfully prevents, hinders, or obstructs any person from peaceably entering upon or establishing a settlement or residence on any tract of public land of the United States within the State of California, subject to settlement or entry under any of the public land laws of the United States; or who unlawfully hinders, prevents, or obstructs free passage over or through the public lands of the United States within the State of California, for the purpose of entry, settlement, or residence, as aforesaid, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
    The conventional wisdom is it was the time of day, back in the 1970s, that some high school students in San Rafael, CA would get together after school to smoke some pot.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)