Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: extended warranty - yea or nay - what's your take/experience

We're beginning to swap our kitchen appliances to Bosch. We started with the dishwasher.
    No nonsense design and function.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    Why would anyone in their right mind buy a refrigerator with an ice maker they expect too fail? Why not just buy a different brand? Does anyone really believe that all refrigerator brands have ice makers that will fail?
    Anecdotal evidence is that yes, the ice makers in pretty much every refrigerator are prone to failure. And remember, there are only a few actual manufacturers, no matter what brand is displayed on the front of the unit. There's been so much industry consolidation that there are only something like three major corporations behind the scenes. (don't quote me on that number, but it's close I believe)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    We're beginning to swap our kitchen appliances to Bosch. We started with the dishwasher.
    No nonsense design and function.
    Our Bosch (gas) cooktop is, according to my wife, a right royal PITA to clean, and the valving is very sensitive to moisture intrusion, and the silkscreening is coming off after barely more than 2 years. I would avoid that. The dishwashers, OTOH, are awesome, particularly the late-model 800 series. It even dries plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    [snip ... the national chain, where she had it maintained refuses to release any records.[snip]
    Maybe time to consult an attorney or look up the limits on a small claims court action. A subpoena is hard to ignore...
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 12-27-2019 at 10:11 AM. Reason: removed potential political statement
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron