Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craftsman Hybrid Table Saw (351.221160) Tune up Questions (w/ pics)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    I really don't think I've created a vacuum inside the cabinet, there's plenty of air coming in around the motor cover. Attached another pic to show the tape and pile of sawdust.
    I covered the openings in the front of my saw with magnetic vent covers. The DC still pulls in plenty of air through the back of the saw, but I get none out the front. I also use a zero clearance insert and yes there is some sawdust on the table, but the majority goes out the bottom of the cut. You can't close all the openings or you will not remove any sawdust. You have to leave an opening at least the same size as the exhaust port.

I have a table mounted router and if I forget to turn on the DC when running the router the air in the enclosure gets warm very quickly.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    Attached another pic to show the tape and pile of sawdust.
    My current "setup" leaves a pile along the length of the motor cover/ door side, as well as in each of the two other (far, in your photo) corners. I was going to caulk the edges of the black sawdust panel or whatever its called, but it appears the tape has held up well for you, so maybe I'll go that route.

Thanks!