Thread: Timesaver Wide Belt Sander

Timesaver Wide Belt Sander

I'm not sure if anyone here can give me a bit of assistance or not. I have an old Timesaver 137-2hd. It's really old but it works wonderfully. A few days ago, I was asked to work on the machine to try to get the photoeye to work because having to individuals running the sander, one feeding and one manually controlling the belt. After figuring out how that works and getting it to work, now I have an issue where when I kick on the front head, not it tries to run but won't. Motor kicks on and looks to try and rotate but will not. If I stop it and turn the break off, it will freely spin by hand. The second head kicks on just fine with no problems. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

Are you saying the front head starting problems are the result of your tinkering and resolving the electric eye tracking problem or that this is an entirely new and separate issue?

If it is the prior, then I suggest you back track and and figure what you might have changed from original..... as if maybe you bypassed a relay, safety or limit system to get the tracking to work. Or maybe you didn't bypass anything but added or moved a wire where it could cause unwanted electrical feedback to the front head motor system. I assume you have an electrical diagram with multimeter to troubleshoot.

Bill,
    When I posted this issue this morning, that was the issue I was having last night. When I was able to get back out to my shop and take a second look at everything, I found that the breaker switch for that specific motor, the secondary one, not the main on the wall, was not seated properly. I was getting power into the electrical cabinet so I never though to look there. That was my whole issue. I had to add a little "force" to get the breaker to seat properly and now everything is working properly, except I'm back to the original problem with the photo eye. It works, but the air regulator to auto adjust the belt does not always work. I'm pretty sure I need to replace it. But for now, all is good...until someone is going to use it, then I'm sure it won't, lol.