Thread: Intro to Felder's Customer Support Page

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a pre X-roll KF700S that does not support a dado blade. Are there parts or updates available to make it so that it would support a US style dado or Felder's dado equivalent?

Hi Travis!

Felder does a great job of supporting their machines through many years of changes and updates. After looking into your machine series, the option to retrofit a dado arbor is not possible. Other clients that have expressed interest in this update have found the slotting blade, (03.0.030) to be a helpful substitute, it has a 5mm kerf and of course has flat teeth. We hope this is helpful to your woodworking too! All the best! -- Bacari Vann
    Last edited by Bacari Vann; 07-19-2018 at 2:39 PM.

I have a 2009 CF741S with a 4 knife cutter block. After using several spiral planers and jointers at the Krenov School, I'd like to change to a spiral head. Since Felder will not sell their silent power cutter block, what other options are there? Does Byrd make a spiral head for this machine?

Buying a new CF741 with the spiral cutter block is not an option.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'd contact Mac Campshure -- I believe he represents Byrd and has tremendous experience with the Felder machines. Are you on the Felder Users Group?

Blog Entries
    So question for Felder -- I've never understood the difference between your grooving cutters and slot cutters for the shaper -- which do I use when?

Hi Mike, some of the cutters are built like a rip blade with no scoring cutters, they're great for fully enclosed deep slots in solid material.

For tenoning, grooving or rebating in solid or man made material I use the cutters with scoring cutters.

I purchased a 30mm spindle for my shaper so that I could share tooling between saw and shaper...........regards, Rod.