Thread: A few questions on the Laguna C-Flux Dust Collector with the Bin Insert and P-flux ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim, yes on all counts.
    The manufacturer most likely measured noise in no boundary open air or perhaps an anechoic chamber.
    When I replaced an old pancake air compressor with the California Air compressor and turned it on that first time I had a WOW moment.
    I don't think this machine is excessively noisy for what it is, but it is louder than I was hoping for. I am certainly not marveling at how quietly it operates. But having said that I have never worked with another equivalent dust collector.
    I am comparing it to a 1 hp single stage machine with a trash can separator in front of it.
    Mostly I am glad that the initial impression of cyclone performance and airflow are very positive.
    The reviews of these machines is all over the place.
    The owners that contributed to this thread initially helped me make this purchase decision, I really appreciate the real world feedback.
    Having just assembled the machine and keeping in mind I have really only used the machine for one day I am going to speculate that some of the extremely negative reviews are due to air leaks in the drum. There's a lot of potential holes there that require caulking.
    I also added caulking at various other seams throughout the machine that I thought could benefit from it. I didn't make it impossible to disassemble but if it ever becomes necessary it will be harder than just unbolting it.
    Last edited by Charlie Hinton; 10-26-2018 at 10:52 AM.